Tuesday 12 November 2013

Big ideas from small seeds...

The recent wintry weather has left a wake of withered seed heads and dried spikes of once lush petals in its path. My walks along the coastline near my home have offered the perfect opportunity to look for inspiration in these tired relics of summer glory. I find a real fascination in looking out for this kind of structural interest in plants and finding a way to interpret that in felt. It's such a wonderfully adaptable medium to work with, especially when soaked in a little diluted PVA glue to give definition. Here is an example of some of my designs, inspired by seeds, which I intend to work into pieces of jewellery...


...I'm also developing my designs based on the bunch of dried flowers I was given, which still flourish in a jug on the sideboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment